Start-up funding was needed in 2011 to acquire equipment and to cover expenses during the time period before the station was able to broadcast and was still an unknown entity. The funding was therefore offered with little return. If you support community radio – please support our financial founders for their faith in our initiative.
A condition to receive one of the major inaugural grants from our supporters was for the society to raise matching funds. Accordingly, VSBS initiated a limited sponsorship drive which asked for funds up front in exchange for future considerations. The twenty individuals and organizations listed below responded to our request and completed the start-up funding for Voice of the Shuswap Community Radio.
- An Anonymous sponsor who urges us to invest in local non-profit ventures
- Ambrosia Gardens
- Brent Ross
- Apple Auto Glass (Salmon Arm)
- Askew’s Foods
- Barley Station Brew Pub
- Chelsea Deeter
- Crannog Ales
- Dancor Electric Ltd.
- DeMille’s Farm Market
- Dirk Kiy and Family
- Dr. Warren Bell
- Java Jive Neighbourhood Bistro
- Lakeside Insurance
- Shuswap Association for Community Living
- Salmon Arm Proair Heating and Cooling
- Salmon Arm Roots and Blues
- Serenity Now Landscapes
- Shuswap Farm and Craft Market
- West Ave Productions